What is It Takes A Rainbow?
It’s a “box office home run”
…according to the Midtown International Theatre Festival (New York City), where the show enjoyed a sold out run in 2017.
It Takes a Rainbow…
- …is a one-act musical about 45 minutes long
- …is aimed to ages 4-9, but appeals to all
- …features timely social themes
- …has easy-to-learn vocals
- …requires minimal set & production requirements
Without ever being the least bit preachy, the show’s message of diversity and acceptance has broad appeal to any audience. This is reflected in a multicultural score that ranges from country hoedown to sassy blues.
Although the show was written for younger audiences and performers, It Takes A Rainbow‘s has been performed by adults, children, and a mix of ages. Its message of inclusiveness works across many communities.
For a plot synopsis, click here.